– WE GIVE BECAUSE GOD HAS GIVEN –
ABOUT TITHES AND OFFERINGS
WHAT IS A TITHE?
The word “tithe” literally means tenth or 10%. Tithing, or giving ten percent of your income, isn’t merely giving something to God. It’s giving back what was His to begin with. All that we have, or hope to have, comes from Him. The Bible says that tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything. It teaches us to always put God first in our lives.
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” – Malachi 3:10 (NIV)
WHAT IS AN OFFERING?
While tithing is a command from God to give 10% of our income, an offering is anything you give beyond 10%. Giving beyond the tithe is a chance for you to be extravagantly generous.
“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” – 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (NIV)
WAYS TO GIVE
You may give your tithe and offerings quickly and conveniently through our secure online-giving platform. You can also set up reoccurring giving and access your giving history in your account.
GIVE ONLINE NOW
2. Text Giving
You may give through our Text to Give option.
1. Text the word “Give” to (502) 947-6165. Your cellphone bill will NOT be charged.
2. If you are a first time, text-giving donor you will be prompted to visit a secure URL.
3. Once you click the registration link, you will set up and account and enter your giving information.
4. Press the “Give” button and your donation will process.
5. You will get a confirmation showing your donation and registration were successful.
6. Once registered, from then on you can simply text the amount you would like to give to our text-giving number and your donation will process automatically.
If you’d like to make changes to your text-to-give account, text “options” to (502) 947-6165.